Thursday, November 22, 2007

Broadband Speed Test (ADSL, Streamyx, TMNet)

Do use TMNet Speedometer anymore, it a lousy bandwidth test site, give a try to SpeedTest.net, it great!!

With SpeedTest.net, you are not limited to Malaysia servers in Cyberjaya only, you even can test your bandwidth with server located in USA and Europe. I had tested my Streamyx broadband speed with Penang server, and surprisingly, my connection speed is almost close to 512kb/s downlink and 256kb/s connection speed!!

Streamyx bandwidth test

That why, you see in above screen capture, I rated Streamyx 4 stars, because it really exceed my expectation!

Again, to get the true performance of Streamyx bandwidth, we should test with Cyberjaya server too. I did it, and the result per show in figure below (it contain link to SpeedTest.net for more detail info):

It still provide competitive bandwidth compare to Penang server connection for my 512kbps Streamyx package.

I further clicked on the stat, wow, PenangFone is the best broadband provider (or ISP) you could find in Penang Malaysia!!! See it yourself from the chart!!

Penang Broadband Speed Comparision Stat

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the robust Script Deployment tool for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central support network
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!

Unknown said...

Cool there,
I got to know about my internet speed here http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ . Its as easy as I entered my IP address that I got to know the speed of my connection.
Cheers!

syarih said...

need to upgrade my streamyx to new package as TM offering a good package as well.

Unknown said...

I think the Internet is an essential component of every day life for bunches of individuals around the globe. Checking your email is possibly turning into a commonplace propensity as it ought to speed broadband examine. Despite the fact that it is not the system, our expertise to talk would be pitilessly limited. Property obligation has ended up horribly extremely paramount to web clients...
Test Your Internet Speed