Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Proton Power Window Problem

Daddy Fixit, automotive engineer graduate from Britain and he wrote the "Turbo Blue" column for Sunday Star. Below is his comment on Proton low quality power window problem.

Powerless windows
Question: THE power window winder on my 2001 Proton Wira keeps breaking down and I am now on my fourth replacement.
I have been told that this is due to the poor quality of the motor used on this vehicle. As such, please advise if there are any third party replacements that are more reliable.

Zulkifli Adam



Answer: THE unreliability of the power window winder (motor) on Protons is well known and, up till now, I do not know of any better third-party replacements.
As such, you will just have to keep replacing the power window winder until Proton comes out with a reliable replacement component.

Link to original page
The link may not work after few days due to thestar.com.my remove it from their archieve.

3 comments:

NickTay said...

Hmmm....If Other car manufactures don't face this problem, I wonder why we do? hahaha...Malaysia boleh!

ducky said...

After my tin can power window broke once, i have been opening the door now instead of the window. Works for me. Anyway, all tin can taxi driver does that, if you ever notice.

Chorwin said...

For a car model that more than 10 years, they still not found solution for it, feel ashame!!

If you did followed up on local car magazine, they did published the sale figure of each model, you will find how Proton gonna survive with sale of 30% cars of total sale by Perodua Myvi only (not include kelisa, kancil and etc).